Monday, June 8, 2015

So... You Basically Don't Have A Major

So the other day my mom ran into an old "friend" (more like bitch) and she asked how I was doing (like you actually care, your'e only speaking to my mom to find out if your kids are doing better than hers). My mom knew what games she was playing and wasn't taking any of her crap, so she just said that I was blossoming at my institution and doing very well with my major. To this she responded, "Oh what's her major? Hopefully something practical!" Upon hearing the words "communications major spur out of my mom's mouth, she laughed and said "So, she basically has nothing."

Yeah, that's it. I'm not majoring in anything. I'm spending thousands of dollars on N O T H I N G. How stupid could you be?! Communications is one of the biggest and broadest majors there is. Sure, I'm not going to be anything common (and boring in my opinion) like a doctor or lawyer or secretary, but there are so many options I can work in (I think?).

This woman also asked my mom what I wanted to be when I grow up and my mom responded "she's figuring it out, she's got time."

BUT I FEEL LIKE I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME OH MY GLOB I CAN'T EVEN THINK OF ONE RELEVANT JOB FOR ME TO PURSUE I HAD TO START A BLOG TO FIGURE IT OUT.

I honestly didn't even want to major in communications, I wanted to major in theatre. i wanted to work on the stage and off. I love acting and portraying other characters and getting out of my own skin for a bit, but I'm not strong enough to have a career in just that. Working behind the curtain is fun but again, it isn't a career unless you're the best and working for a top notch broadway show. So I entered the com life and here I am today, unsure of what the hell to do.

I just need SOMETHING, a little push, a stepping stone, (five million dollars), you know just something. 

Hopefully that something will come soon.


(they used to be my life, 3 concerts later I still have tour merch #noshame)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7brQHUJxk

No comments:

Post a Comment